So one of the ways to help supplement the cost of autocross at a National level with the SCCA is to participate in their contingency programs. There are a variety of contingency options available, depending on:
- What make of car you drive
- What class you run in
- What tires you run
- What programs you register for
You should check out the SCCA Autocross Contingency page to see which options are available to you, and which will work for your particular class/car.
What’s the catch with contingencies? Well, you typically (almost always) have to run your vehicle with the sponsors decals on the vehicle.
For SSC, here are the contingencies that I believe to be applicable.
- TRD – ProSolo
- Falken Tire – ProSolo & Champ/Match Tours
- Hawk Performance Brakes - ProSolo & Champ/Match Tours
- Solo Performance Specialties – Champ/Match Tours
- RaceChick.com – ProSolo (ladies)
The amounts will all vary, but Falken for example will pay $300 for first, $200 for second and $100 for third.